The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber Launches New OKCChamber.com
New site includes interactive features, improved content and navigationPublished: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:00 am
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLA., Oct. 5, 2011 - The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber announced the launch of a new OKCChamber.com, with a refreshed design and more interactive features for Chamber members. Taking advantage of new technologies, the site was developed to provide greater access to services and provide tools for Chamber members to promote their businesses to one another.
The fresh look, designed by the Chamber's design staff, is the product of extensive research of current trends, industry benchmarks and member needs. "We designed this site with our members in mind, first and foremost," said Cynthia Reid, vice president, Marketing and Communications. "We wanted a site that was easier to navigate, easier to use, and provided the kind of content and features our members are looking for and expect."
Some important new members-only features have been added to the site, allowing members to promote their services to each other. New features include:
- Coupons: members can post coupons available for download. Anyone visiting this section of the site can see the coupons.
- Discounts: members can post discounts that are only available to other Chamber members.
- Member newsroom: A new member newsroom allows members to log-in and post news and announcements.
- Contact information: members can update their Chamber information by logging in, including adding social media links.
While much of the content carried over, a new site map makes organization more intuitive and easier to navigate. New technology from our development partners allows the Chamber to display its most important content in a more appealing way. Event registration and the Membership Directly flow better with the layout of the site, while providing visitors with new functionality, including:
- An event calendar that is now displayed in the left column of most pages, giving users the ability to see upcoming events at a glance.
- An interactive site footer giving visitors multiple options for continuing their engagement with the Chamber, including links to affiliate sites, contact information and directions to the Chamber and links to the Chamber's social media pages.
"From our Economic Development team, to the lobbying of our Government Relations staff, to the Greater Grads program of our Education and Workforce Development crew, there is so much work going on behind-the-scenes to make Oklahoma City a better place to live, work and play," said Reid. "By visiting this new site, we hope our members will get a better understanding of what we do and see the benefit of their membership in this organization."
For more information, please contact Jill Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-297-8990.