Greater Oklahoma City, and the entire state of Oklahoma is actively pursuing trade opportunities throughout the world. In fact, in 2007, companies in the region exported more than $825 million in goods or services; and statewide, exports grew more than 58% between 2004 and 2008.
Machinery, chemical, transportation equipment and computer and electronic components lead in the types of goods exported from the area. The state is the largest U.S. exporter of liquid pumps, parts and elevators to the oil and gas industry throughout the world.
Oklahoma operates trade offices in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, China and Mexico to promote the export of Oklahoma goods and services and to develop resource networks that will facilitate international business opportunities.
Greater Oklahoma City Partnership Services
- Professional site location assistance
- Professional business retention and expansion (BRE) services
- Professional bioscience, aerospace and entrepreneurial assistance
- Comprehensive research modeling
- Identification of available real estate
- Hosting of site tours
- Workforce analysis
- Assistance with permitting and numerous other processes
- Assistance with determining financial resources
- Work with state and local partners for incentives and training benefits
- Host / connect with key groups such as investors, developers and bankers
- Manage Strategic Investment Program (SIP) and Emerging Technology Fund (ETF) application process for Oklahoma City Economic Development Trust (OCEDT)
- And more