OKC rated No. 1 for lowest cost of living among large citiesPublished: Friday, March 19, 2021 By: Eric Long Source: The POINT!
- Oklahoma City ranks No. 1 for Lowest Cost of Living among all reporting large cities over 500,000 population. The C2ER Annual Cost of Living Index for Oklahoma City in the most recent quarter of 2020 was 86.6.
- Example: If you are earning $70,000 after tax in Boston the comparable income to achieve the same standard of living in Oklahoma City is $40,346. If you moved from Boston to Oklahoma City:
- Groceries will cost 19% less
- Housing will cost 69% less
- Utilities will cost 20% less
- Transportation will cost 18% less
- Health will cost 21% less
Check out the Cost of Living Calculator at abetterlifeokc.com/costofliving.
For comprehensive Economic Indicators and Regional Data, please visit your Greater Oklahoma City Chamber Economic Development Division at www.greateroklahomacity.com or contact Eric Long, Research Economist – 297-8976; firstname.lastname@example.org.